CDP works to transform the way the world does business to prevent dangerous climate change and protect our natural resources. We see a world where capital is efficiently allocated to create long-term prosperity rather than short-term gain at the expense of our environment.
Evidence and insight is vital to driving real change. We use the power of measurement and information disclosure to improve the management of environmental risk. By leveraging market forces including shareholders, customers and governments, CDP has incentivized thousands of companies and cities across the world’s largest economies to measure and disclose their environmental information. We put this information at the heart of business, investment and policy decision making.
We hold the largest collection globally of self reported climate change, water and forest-risk data. Through our global system companies, investors and cities are better able to mitigate risk, capitalize on opportunities and make investment decisions that drive action towards a more sustainable world.
- How we work with 822 institutional investors holding US$95 trillion in assets to help reveal the risk in their investment portfolios.
- How CDP works with thousands of companies to tackle climate change.
- How we are driving more sustainable water use by business.
- How some 66 purchasing organizations such as Dell, PepsiCo and Walmart are using the global CDP system to mitigate environmental risk in their supply chains.
- How the forest program works with companies to address deforestation risks.
- How we are supporting local government through our cities work.
- What we are doing to support national governments globally.
|To develop our plan we listened to corporations, investors, policy makers, regulators, multilateral institutions, non-governmental organizations and donors. We are grateful to them all for their input. Our plan builds on 14 years of experience of working within the global business system and sets a direction for how we plan to meet the challenges of the future. I hope you will join us on our journey to build a secure and prosperous future for all. |
Founder and Executive Chair
Read CDP's strategic plan