Are you passionate about using data to drive change? Do you have excellent data analysis skills alongside the ability and desire to work with users of data and to communicate well?
CDP’s Data Analytics Team is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic, and ambitious data analyst who is passionate about using data to drive companies, investors, and governments to build a thriving economy which works for people and planet.
You will work primarily on a project to analyze and improve the quality of corporate target data reported to CDP. This piece of work supports key projects with several key partners of CDP. Additionally, you will be involved in developing robust progress tracking methodologies to as-sess a variety of corporate and subnational climate actions. Working with data disclosed to CDP, you will deliver value-adding Analysis and Insight. This Analysis and Insight helps inter-nal and external stakeholders make better actionable decisions.
The Data Analytic team works to improve the usability of the data disclosed to CDP. The team develop and apply robust and transparent methods for data cleaning and modelling.
• Delivering vital data product projects across CDP and other stakeholders such as Cleaned Corporate Targets Dataset.
• Delivering exciting new Data products, according to Stakeholder requirements.
• Delivering analytics across CDP and other stakeholders.
• Support colleagues, investors, NGOs, and other data consumers in the use of our data, data products and make better decisions from them.
• Data requirement gathering and data testing for key tools.
Required skills and experience:
• At least 1 years of data analysis experience using Python/R.
• Experience of data mining and cleaning approaches, using basic Python and R li-braries such as pandas, dplyr and tidyr.
• Experience of data visualization skills using Power BI or similar BI tools.
• Experience of SQL (or T-SQL) for querying relational databases
• Great data wrangling skills.
• Experienced in data cleaning and statistical modelling.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong numeracy and good statistical skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
Desired skills and experience:
• Familiarity with GitHub, Linux, Shell scripting (bash).
• A good understanding of GHG accounting methods and sustainability data.
• Knowledge of the financial system and capital markets.
• An awareness of environmental issues, particularly as they relate to our core themes of Climate Change, Deforestation and Water Security.
This is a full-time 12-month contract position based at CDP’s New York office as part of the Data & Insight team. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the United States.
Salary and benefits: Competitive non-profit salary, 24 days annual vacation, non-contributory 401K plan, flexible working opportunities and excellent others benefits. Working in one of the most successful and fastest growing initiatives driving climate action within the corporate sector; Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, international, innovative and highly motivated team.
Before you apply:
We will only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please email your CV and cover letter describing how you meet the required skills and experience, to [email protected] with ‘Junior Target Data Analyst , Your First name, Last name’ in the subject by 11pm EST by July 31st 2020.
CDP North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. CDP North America, Inc. is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.