Are you looking to start your career in the environmental sector? Do you have an interest in Forests? Do you want to use your data analysis skills to help put an end to deforestation?
We are seeking a Corporate Engagement Intern with excellent research and data analysis skills, and knowledge on palm oil sector to contribute to our work in supporting companies to decouple deforestation from corporate’s supply chains in Indonesia. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter who enjoys conducting research on companies ESG and passionate on working in a fast-paced international NGO. This role will report to the Corporate Engagement Officer.
About CDP’s forests program
CDP’s forests program works to remove commodity driven deforestation from corporate value chains to effectively contribute to a below 2degree, water secure world; and to decouple deforestation from forest risk commodity production. CDP’s work on forests was launched in 2014 and now boasts the backing of 515 financial institutions with over $106 trillion in assets. The program provides critical forests related data from the world’s largest corporations that buy, sell or trade key forests risk commodities (cattle products, palm oil, soy products and timber). The data is used to inform the global financial market on investment risk and commercial opportunity, and to catalyse action, supporting companies in their efforts to remove deforestation from their supply chains.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing research on companies’ sustainability related to forests;
- Supporting the research on palm oil biofuel;
- Supporting in data analysis and development of engagement materials;
- Creating and maintaining library of ESG research of the targeted companies;
- Supporting in organizing CDP events in Indonesia;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
Required skills and experience
- You are nearing the end of your master’s degree preferably in Economics, Environmental Economics, Environmental Management, Sustainability or a related subject.
- Passionate about Sustainable Development and connected topics such as Forest protection;
- Preferably have a background knowledge in the palm oil issue in Indonesia;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and preferably statistical software;
- Ability to work independently and precisely under pressure, be proactive and set priorities;
- Fluency in English is required, Bahasa Indonesia speaker is preferred.
What we Offer you:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team;
- Internship duration of 3 months with a possible extension to 6 months;
- Flexible working arrangement.
- Expenses paid
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Hong Kong.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to [email protected] with ‘Corporate Engagement Internship – Indonesia Power of Procurement project’ in the subject. The deadline is 22 April 2020.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the submission deadline, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Are you interested in a career at CDP working in one of our global offices?
Usamos cookies para mejorar su experiencia en nuestro sitio. Si sigue usando nuestro sitio, acepta nuestro uso de las cookies. Consulte nuestras Política de cookies y Política de privacidad para obtener más detalles.