Project Manager, Forests
What is CDP’s forests program
CDP’s forests program works to remove commodity driven deforestation from corporate value chains to effectively contribute to a below 2degree, water secure world; and to decouple deforestation from forest risk commodity production. CDP’s work on forests was launched in 2014 and now boasts the backing of over 600 financial institutions with over $110 trillion in assets. The program provides critical forests related data from the world’s largest corporations that buy, sell or trade key forests risk commodities (cattle products, palm oil, soy products and timber). The data is used to inform the global marketplace on investment risk and commercial opportunity, and to catalyze action, supporting companies in their efforts to remove deforestation from their supply chains.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in project management; preferably managing globally diverse, donor funded, multi-year projects
- You have the ability to manage project risk, make timely decisions, develop solutions and facilitate mitigating actions.
- You have demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following: the drivers of deforestation, key commodity supply chains (including beef, soy, timber, pulp & paper, and palm oil), key geographies (South America, Southeast Asia), sustainability
- You have experience in managing internal and external stakeholders
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a good level of self-motivation and drive
- You have a track-record of working effectively with multiple project partners
- You have good experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- You are a good team player with ability to work flexibly and across different time zones; work with and develop relationships with colleagues around the world.
- You will ensure successful delivery of the assigned project in time, scope, quality, and budget following CDP’s project methodology.
- You will build, manage, and motivate the project delivery teams in the NA, EU, Indonesia, and Brazil; ensuring work is delivered against plans and to budget
- You will lead donor reporting requirements (including performance and financial reporting);
- You will set up and track basic monitoring and evaluation metrics for project deliverables in coordination with internal project delivery teams
- You will prepare and facilitate key governance forums including project working groups and steering groups; including preparing briefing papers and the agenda, ensuring that business concerns are addressed.
- You will manage risk registers and work with the teams to mitigate potential issues.
- You will manage relationships with project partners (other organizations) to ensure alignment of CDP workplans with overall deliverables of multiple partners.
- You will deliver effective project communication and supporting documentation.
- You will support the delivery teams in generating presentations and knowledge products to support in engagement with key stakeholders including companies, policy makers and those operating in the financial services sector (institutional investors, banks).
- You have experience or excellent knowledge of two or more of the following themes within forest risk commodity supply chains: commodity driven deforestation drivers in the corporate sector, global financial sector and capital flows, global regulatory context for deforestation, certification & multi-stakeholder roundtables, zero deforestation commitments.
- You have experience with managing USAID / US government funded projects
- You hold a certificate in PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent
- You have knowledge of landscape and jurisdictional approaches applications in the forestry sector
- Generous PTO. Tackling the world’s biggest environmental challenges is no easy feat – we offer a generous 20 days of annual leave to keep our employees energized.
- Paid holidays. We recognize 15 paid holidays, including winter break, and pay homage to our diversity by offering one additional floating holiday of your choice for religious or cultural celebrations, per year.
- Health and wellness. We strive to ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff –employees receive excellent health, dental and vision benefits and paid sick leave.
- Learning and career growth. We are committed to the growth and development of each individual team member. We offer continuous learning opportunities and training for personal development.
- Future planning: We know it is important to plan for the future. We provide our employees with both a non-contributory 401K, and an optional additional contributory 401K. We also offer life insurance.
- Commuter benefits: We know commuting can be a pain – we offer commuter benefits and a Citibike membership to employees to make life a little easier.
- Fun. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves (too) seriously. We regularly take time out for fun and festivities, from all-staff retreats, to happy hours, to summer outings and an end-of-year holiday celebration!
Are you interested in joining our mission? Please apply!
- To apply. Email your CV and a cover letter detailing why you’re a strong fit for the role to: [email protected] with “Project Manager, Forests” in the subject line. Please apply before November 12, 2021.
- Before you apply: We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your resume and cover letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
- Compensation. The salary range for the Project Manager, Forests role is $60,000 - $70,000.
- The fine print. We love and value our global employees. For this role, all interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the U.S.
CDP North America is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of justice, equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility both within our workplace and across our larger organizational impact. Candidates of color and/or from marginalized backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
Are you interested in a career at CDP working in one of our global offices?