Project Manager, Forests
Job Purpose and Background:
Are you passionate about forests? Do you want to have a global impact on saving this vital resource? If working at the critical nexus of private and public sectors is your area of expertise, this is the perfect opportunity for you. CDP is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead on the project management of an ambitious new global project with the objective to help advance jurisdictional approaches towards no-deforestation commodities. You will work with various teams across CDP to ensure highest impact is achieved; provide day-to-day coordination of activities across internal functions and teams and different regions and will be responsible for donor reporting and monitoring and evaluation of the project. Reporting to the Associate Director of Forests, you will use your forests expertise to support engagement with companies and sub-national governments to build awareness in the market regarding jurisdictional approaches.
About CDP’s forests program:
CDP’s forests program works to remove commodity driven deforestation from corporate value chains to effectively contribute to a below 2degree, water secure world; and to decouple deforestation from forest risk commodity production. CDP’s work on forests was launched in 2014 and now boasts the backing of 525 financial institutions with over $96 trillion in assets. The program provides critical forests related data from the world’s largest corporations that buy, sell or trade key forests risk commodities (cattle products, palm oil, soy products and timber). The data is used to inform the global marketplace on investment risk and commercial opportunity, and to catalyze action, supporting companies in their efforts to remove deforestation from their supply chains.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving impact through the management and coordination of project delivery teams in the UK, Southeast Asia and Latin America; ensuring work is delivered against plans and to budget
- Leading donor reporting requirements (including performance and financial reporting)
- Working with the Monitoring and Evaluation Lead, input into the development of project deliverables; to quality assess outputs; and track progress towards planned outcomes
- Supporting the delivery teams with deep forests expertise, providing input into meetings with key stakeholders including companies and policy makers
- Engaging networks, and convening and attending events
- Engaging and developing awareness of deforestation issues both internally and externally
- Building and managing relationships with stakeholders in North America
- Delivering reports and other knowledge products using CDP data
- Contributing towards delivery of other funded projects
- Supporting the Associate Director of Forests to deliver on a diverse range of the work carried out in the Forests team.
Essential skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management; preferably managing globally diverse, donor funded, multi-year projects
- Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following: the drivers of deforestation, commodity supply chains (including beef, soy, timber, pulp & paper, and palm oil), key geographies (Indonesia, Latin America), sustainability
- Experience of budget management; financial planning and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good level of self-motivation and drive
- Ability to work flexibly and across different time zones
- Good experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A good team player with the ability to work with and develop relationships with colleagues around the world
This is a full-time 18-month fixed term contract role based at CDP’s North America office in New York (currently remote) reporting to the Associate Director, Forests. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the United States.
Salary and benefits: Competitive NGO salary, annual discretionary bonus, excellent health & dental benefits, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days’ vacation annually.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to [email protected]
with ‘Project Manager, Forests’ followed by your first name and surname in the subject. The deadline to apply is 11:59 pm EST on Monday, 12th October
Before you apply:
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice
. By emailing us your resume and cover letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
CDP North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. CDP North America, Inc. is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.