Location: New York City, U.S. (currently remote)
Purpose and Background:
Do you have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal? Are you passionate about sustainability and climate change? Are you skilled at working independently under pressure while being proactive and setting priorities? Our Communications team is seeking a highly-motivated individual to support our communications and marketing work in North America. You will be responsible for supporting all day-to-day communications functions, including media relations, content creation, marketing, research and administrative tasks. You will report to the Director of Communications for North America and will work integrally with the global communications team.
• Conduct research on the media landscape;
• Monitor relevant news and information on the organization and our areas of work;
• Support with press and social media outreach;
• Assist with communications calendar development;
• Support marketing research and preparation of materials;
• Assist with developing marketing processes and templates for marketing collateral; Conduct event/conference research and preparation of speaker submissions;
• Assist with creating press and editorial content;
• Support on monthly media monitoring;
• Provide general research and administrative support.
Required skills and experience:
• At least one former internship/role in a related work experience;
• Familiarity with environmental justice topics preferred;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (esp. Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and understanding of database architecture;
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite products (desirable but not necessary);
• Confident and capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams;
• Demonstrates a high level of dedication, flexibility and enthusiasm.
This is a part-time internship based at CDP North America’s New York City office (position will initially be remote and may be fully remote). The successful candidate will work three days (24 hours) per week for a period of six months. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the United States.
To apply: Candidates should send a copy of their resume/CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to [email protected] with “Internship – Communications & Marketing” in the subject line by July 23.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
CDP North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. CDP North America, Inc. is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of persity and inclusion.