REDIRECT 2019 Cities Engagement Fellowship
CDP North America is seeking two engaging individuals for a fast-paced fellowship program in its New York City office on its Cities Program
The fellows will be integral to ensuring cities disclose their environmental data. They will be responsible for building relationships with city staff, and should be comfortable discussing a variety of sustainability topics including greenhouse gas accounting, emissions targets, and the value of using data to improve environmental performance and build resilience.
The fellows will also be asked to support a variety of operational tasks, including database management, writing procedures and internal guidance, and email tracking.
- Securing participation in CDP Cities annual disclosure through phone calls and email support to 500+ city governments in U.S. and Canada
- Cultivating and managing relationships with city staff
- Ensuring all participants complete and submit the questionnaire by the deadline
- Supporting all disclosure-related initiatives including webinars, Response Check, platform testing, and more
- Tracking engagement communications
- Maintaining and updating an internal database for all U.S. and Canada cities contacts
- Preparing for the 2020 disclosure cycle
Required Skills and Experience
We are seeking two highly-driven, meticulous, passionate individuals with a proven talent for relationship building. You are interested in receiving exposure to the fields of sustainability, environmental sciences, and/or urban planning. You can effectively frame and communicate complex ideas, and perform well under pressure. You bring a sense of purpose and excitement to the work that you do, and are eager to parlay your passion into actionable results.
- Interest in cities and sustainability—particularly in greenhouse gas inventories, adaptation efforts, and emissions reductions activities
- Outgoing and personable attitude—superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage and follow up via phone and email
- Excellent English verbal and written competencies
- The ability to come up to speed quickly and independently with technical information (such as emissions targets or Covenant of Mayors badge requirements)
- Strong writing skills: must be able to accurately communicate technical information in a concise, yet comprehensive manner
- The drive to take ownership and responsibility for particular areas of work while collaborating well with the other fellow hired
- The ability to spot trends and opportunities as well as focus on details
- The desire and ability to improve and streamline processes to better and more efficiently achieve program goals, rather than follow the status quo
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure
Compensation and expectations
- The fellowship is paid/$15.00 an hour
- Duration is mid-January through end-July, 2019
- Hourly commitment is 26 hours per week, during standard working hours (9 AM – 6 PM) in the New York office (location in Chelsea/Flatiron). Hours can be flexible to accommodate the fellow’s schedule. Fellows must be able to work legally in the US.
- Interested candidates should email [email protected], attaching a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest and suitability. Please use the following subject line: 2019 Cities Engagement Fellowship – [First Name Last Name]. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through December 12, 2018 or longer if the position is not yet filled. Early applications encouraged.
Phone interviews and in-person interviews will start the week of December 10th and continue until early January 2019.
Are you interested in a career at CDP working in one of our global offices?