In addition to the reports we produce based on the information provided to CDP each year, we conduct various research projects to further explore particular topics within the climate change industry:
- CDP Horizon 2020
CDP is looking for academic, business and NGO partners to participate in the EU Horizon 2020 research programme. Find out more about our expertise, data and international network in this document. If you would like to know more about which grants are of interest to CDP please read our Horizon 2020 call document. To discuss partnership opportunities please email email@example.com.
- Use of internal carbon price by major US companies...
The latest report by CDP looks at the use of internal carbon price by some of the largest US companies as incentive and strategic planning tool.
- Guide to Responsible Corporate Engagement on Climate Policy
Written in collaboration with UNGC, UNEP, UNFCCC, the World Resources Institute, Ceres, Climate Group, and WWF. This report sets guidelines for why and how companies can provide constructive influences on public policy.
- 21st century investment strategies using CDP climate change data
- Linking Climate Engagement to Financial Performance: An Investor’s Perspective
This collaborative report analyzes the relationship between corporate engagement and action on climate change and financial performance of the world’s largest corporations.
- Material water risk to Metals & Mining sector demands new valuation models
The report analyses the critical implications of water for the sector and sheds light on how these companies have already been affected by water-related issues and how they are accounting for and valuing water, in order to build both short and long term resilience.
- Adaptation underwriting risks for insurers executive summary
This report is part of the 'Adaptation' series and analyzes the risks for (re)insurers in a changing climate, with a focus on underwriting risks.
- Carbon reductions generate positive ROI - Carbon Action report 2012
This report offers investors key insights from the second CDP Carbon Action request and highlight how to use CDP data contained in the Carbon Action Engagement Handbook 2012 to improve analysis, support strategic risk management and facilitate shareholder engagement.
- The ETS Spring report - Climate Change - 2012
This report analyzes 12 regional or national carbon pricing schemes set to emerge in 2015-16. It looks at their designs and assess the exposure of more than 100 companies.
- The 3% Solution: Driving Profits Through Carbon Reduction
Analysis in this report demonstrates that if US businesses act now to reduce emissions by an average of 3% annually, they can save up to $190 billion in 2020 alone, or $780 billion over 10 years.
- Unearthed: Agricultural Emissions in the Corporate Supply Chain
Findings from the CDP 2011 U.S. Agriculture Supply Chain Pilot to test the capacity of the agricultural supply chain to report greenhouse gas information.
- Climate Resilient Stock Exchanges – Beyond the Disclosure Tipping Point
Stock market resilience depends in part on the structures that regulators and stock exchanges put in place to identify and mitigate risk. This white paper examines levels of climate change disclosure expressed by market capitalization, across the 31 largest stock exchanges.
- South Africa’s Carbon Chasm
Measures the gap between South Africa’s voluntary commitment to reduce national emissions to 34% below business as usual levels by 2020, and the emission reduction targets of the largest 100 companies listed on the JSE, as reported to CDP in 2010.
- Verification of climate data
This paper provides an insight into verification and assurance, why third party verification is important and how it can benefit companies, along with practical guidance on the topic.
- Cloud Computing – The IT Solution for the 21st Century
A study exploring the business case and carbon emissions reduction potential of using cloud computing as part of the business IT estate.
- Building a 21st century communications economy
This paper outlines the opportunity to forge more sustainable economic growth and highlights that economic value will increasingly reside in bits and bytes, rather than molecules and atoms.
- Carbon reporting to date: Seeing the wood for the trees
A survey examining carbon reporting practice of a sample of 100 UK listed companies, compared to the guidance issued by Defra.
- White paper on the commercial value of carbon measurement
This white paper sets out nine steps of carbon measurement and management to help Chinese companies seize early-mover opportunities in the coming low carbon age.
- The carbon management strategic priority
This report explores companies perception of carbon management and helps evidence the case that carbon management is a growing strategic issue.
- The telepresence revolution
A study exploring the environmental benefits and financial savings from using telepresence technology as a substitute for physical travel.
- Corporate clean energy investment trends in Brazil, China, India and South Africa
There is no one-fit policy approach to encouraging emerging economies investment in clean energy.
Read the Chinese and Portuguese report translations.
- Carbon Chasm
Global 100 emission reduction strategies.
- FTSE 100 Carbon Chasm
How targets measure up against government requirements.
- S&P 100 Carbon Chasm
How emission reduction trends measure up against President Obama's target.
- Climate change in the time of global recession
How businesses and governments can work together to cut greenhouse gas emissions, reduce carbon footprints and stimulate a green economy.
- Making advances in carbon management
How leading businesses develop carbon management strategies.
- Best Practice in Climate Disclosure
Standards and Procedures for Comprehensive Reporting - 2008 USA meeting report