Benefits of reporting
Measurement, management and disclosure of greenhouse gas emissions and climate change data is an increasingly important aspect of standard business practice. There are numerous benefits for organizations gathering data in response to the CDP climate change questionnaire, including:
- Increased transparency to shareholders, clients and the public audience.
- Identifying how the organization copes with threats arising from climate change.
- Highlighting the business opportunities available.
- Enhanced ability to increase efficiency and reduce unnecessary costs.
Responding to CDP's climate change questionnaire helps supplier companies gather information which will provide valuable insight into their greenhouse gas emissions and climate change strategy. By disclosing through CDP's supply chain program, companies can:
- Begin the process of calculating their carbon footprint.
- Manage the risks and opportunities from climate change.
- Identify areas where there is scope for energy efficiencies which in turn can lead to both emissions reductions and cost savings.
- Benchmark against their peer group and showcase successes.