CDP North America is seeking a highly-motivated, meticulous individual with excellent relationship-building and communication skills to engage with over 100 of the largest Financials companies in North America on environmental sustainability reporting. This includes companies from banking, insurance, investment and real estate industries.
The associate will be responsible for engaging with corporate sustainability and investor relations professionals at a range of seniority levels in order to secure their annual response to CDP. Discussions will focus on a variety of sustainability topics including natural resource disclosure, corporate sustainability, socially-responsible investing and carbon accounting. Through this engagement, the associate will also be responsible for selling and managing Reporter Services memberships. Attention to detail and organization are fundamental to this role, as is the ability to understand company needs, identify opportunities, and act on this information. Furthermore, the associate will provide support to CDP events and publications, especially as they relate to the Financials sector.
Reporter Services is a membership program within CDP that provides dedicated support to a limited group of responding companies, helping them build internal expertise in managing issues related to climate change and water management. This includes helping members to improve their CDP disclosures, and to utilize CDP data to benchmark against their peers and learn best practices. We also produce about 10 member-only events (mostly online) throughout the year. There will be a four- to six-month introductory period during which this individual will provide support to other associates before taking over direct responsibility for these accounts.
This role is based in CDP’s North America office (New York City, NY), and will be part of the Disclosure Services Team. For more context on the work of this team, please visit our webpage and watch the recording from the Jan 29 experienced responder webinar.
- Securing participation in CDP through phone calls, email support, webinars and speaking engagements;
- Selling Reporter Services, and securing renewals with existing members;
- Managing Reporter Services deliverables for member accounts (about 10-15 companies);
- Supporting and/or managing events and publications; and
- Documenting all activity, and tracking delivery of member benefits.
- A university degree in a related subject;
- At least two years of work experience (this can include internships), preferably in sustainability and/or with financials companies;
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage with resistant parties, and to pitch services;
- Familiarity with business implications to financials companies represented by climate change;
- The ability to come up to speed quickly and independently with technical information (such as CDP’s scoring methodology) and apply this information to company responses;
- Strong writing skills: must be able to accurately communicate technical information in a concise, yet comprehensive manner;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office;
- The drive to take ownership and responsibility for particular areas of work;
- The ability to spot trends and opportunities as well as focus on details;
- The desire and ability to improve and streamline processes to better and more efficiently achieve program goals, rather than follow the status quo; and
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
The candidate will be expected to work full time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week) and must be able to work legally in the US. He/she must also be based in the New York City area. The anticipated start date is between May 1 and May 30, 2014.
Benefits include: 24 days vacation, generous 401k package, eligibility for annual bonus, health and dental
Interested candidates can email Andrea Tenorio (VP Disclosure Services, CDP North America), at email@example.com. Please express your interest and suitability in the body of the email, attach a resume, and use the subject line “CDP NA DST Financials Application – [First Name Last Name]”. Applications will only be reviewed if these specific directions are followed. Please do not inquire if the position has been filled. If you are interested, please submit an application.
Closing date for applications: May 15, 2014
Back to top