An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and organized individual to have a significant impact within a high profile climate change non-profit. CDP, a unique non-profit organization that gathers critical environmental information and operates at the interface between corporations and investors, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to work with the CDP North America President and Special Advisor.
- Basic administrative support, including maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, conferences, phone calls, speaking engagements, special events, and travel logistics;
- Preparing and coordinating all aspects of strategic meetings, including necessary research and communications with relevant staff, logistics, agendas, materials preparation, as well as meeting follow-up, including minutes and correspondence;
- Assisting in preparing proposals and documents, and researching special projects of all types;
- Assisting in undertaking analysis of CDP data for thought pieces and proposals; and
- Utilizing internal client relationship management systems to keep records and track progress.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Familiarity with basic terms and operations of the global economy and environmental issues;
- Ability to quickly learn CDP’s mission, programs and products; knowledge of the business and investment implications represented by climate change, water use and deforestation
- Ability to quickly learn CDP’s structure and help teams work together especially regarding fundraising;
- Demonstrated experience with working in a busy team with multiple internally and externally-facing stakeholders;
- Ability to synthesize intellectual and practical information aimed at a specific outcome;
- Ability to remain flexible as plans and programs change;
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and meet deadlines in dynamic environment;
- Avoid needless last-minute pressure, think ahead and plan for lead-time;
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to understand the wider strategic goals and objectives within which the candidate’s work takes place;
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, including with ability to anticipate issues and needs, and the ability to adapt to diverse and changing priorities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM would also be highly regarded.
Benefits include: a competitive NGO salary, excellent health benefits, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days vacation. Please express interest by sending a recent resume and cover letter to Marissa Carpio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDP is seeking two highly motivated interns to join its investor research team to work on the research project on the metals and mining or oil and gas industry. The project will culminate in the publication of a sector research report identifying leaders and laggards across the sector based on a number of environmental metrics, which on aggregate may have a material impact on company earnings and valuation (thus potential impact on investment thesis). It will be one of the report in a series of six sector reports, published quarterly, across a number of high-emitting sectors.
The internship will be at CDP's London office and the successful candidates will have the opportunity to be involved in a range of activities within the investor research team. It will be a valuable experience for anyone seeking a career in the area of research (including investment research), engagement with investors and sustainable business. The internship will run across key stages of the research project, including defining the scope and structure of the research, modelling, analysis and due diligence, seeking feedback from investors and equity analysts, and writing the report. The interns will assist with tasks within these stages as guided by the head of investor research and investor research analysts, and assisting with other tasks as required by the team.
You will be given full support in developing the skills needed to thrive in a professional environment. You will have the opportunity to hone your skills across a number of areas and receive constructive feedback on your work from experienced professionals.
Key requirements and skills:
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to work with large data sets in a clean, methodical manner, minimising risk of error;
- Ability to assess credibility/usefulness of different data sources;
- Exceptional written skills;
- Ability to communicate complex analysis and arguments in a concise, easy to follow manner;
- Ability to draw key messages/sales hook out of complex research;
- Excellent verbal communication; and
- Technologically competent: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ideally also Bloomberg (although training can be arranged);
- Motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, personable;
- Capable of working independently, yet as part of a team;
- Well organised; reliable, consistent; get-the-job-done attitude; and
- Able to work against perpetual deadlines.
- A passion for environmental and business analysis;
- Have some experience or strong interest in the metals and mining or oil and gas industry;
- Financial literacy.
This is an intern position for 2-3 days per week, lasting for 3 months, starting as soon as possible. Please note that this role is unpaid, but lunch and travel expenses within London will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter of no more than one page outlining your suitability for the role. Please submit your application to: Chloe Chan at email@example.com with "Research Intern, Investor Research" in the email subject line, and identify the documents you are sending by including "[your name] cover letter" and "[your name] CV" in the file name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CDP is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to kick-start its work facilitating investment in city mitigation projects. This role reports to the head of Investor Initiatives.
Specifically this role will include carrying out primary research with city governments and investors through surveys and interviews as well as secondary research on the opportunities and barriers for investment in urban mitigation projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interviewing city governments on the barriers to accessing private investment
- Close engagement with investors – through surveys, interviews and workshops
- Secondary research on investment in city-level mitigation projects
- Host and engage an audience of investors and city officials at in-person workshops
- Prepare a white paper to be released at COP21.
- Seek and win additional sources of funding to continue and grow this work stream
The successful candidate will have:
- An interest in sustainability and/or finance. Experience working in climate finance will be highly-regarded;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills;
- Strong data analysis skills, including experience working with advanced analytics or business intelligence solutions, especially for publication;
- Ability to quickly grasp and master new IT systems including CRM and database solutions;
- Self-motivation and an ability to take the initiative;
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook even while working under pressure; and
- Attention to detail while being able to see the big picture.
The Finance Analyst will be based in CDP's London office. Attention to detail, efficiency, ability to master software systems, and a high level of organization are fundamental to this role. There will be opportunities to manage important projects and build contacts with external parties, not the least of which include some of the largest and most influential regional governments in the world.
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the UK. The role is located at our offices in Thomas More Square, by St Katherine Docks.
This role is a fixed term contract for 9 months. We hope to extend the term of the contract with additional funding.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Finance analyst, cities and investment" in the email subject line. The deadline for application is 19 October 2015. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We are looking for somebody to begin as soon as possible.
CDP Europe is currently growing in size resulting in new projects and offers an internship on a voluntary basis for a period of 3 months at the next possible date in the area of Financial & Project Reporting.
About CDP: CDP works to transform the way the world does business to prevent dangerous climate change, safeguard water resources and prevent deforestation. CDP collects relevant annual climate, water and deforestation data from the largest companies (currently about 5,700) and the largest cities in the world (currently over 200) and holds the largest collection of self-reported climate change, water and forest-risk data. Our unique approach is based on the knowledge that in business, what gets measured gets managed.
The role includes:
You analyse financial transactions of CDP gGmbH and support the Finance manager Europe in monitoring financial processes in relation to grant agreements. Furthermore, you contribute with your ideas in building a meaningful financial reporting on projects in collaboration with the Finance Manager Europe and the Director of Policy & Reporting Europe who is in charge of project grant from the European Commission.
- Preparation of monthly reports for management and project managers;
- Monitoring of partnerships and debt management of contracts with partner companies;
- Preparation of cash flows and project reports;
- Establishment of financial reporting as well as generating KPIs;
- Contributing to submit financial statements for projects;
- Develop and maintain a project reporting for different grants;
- Enrolment in business school or university in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or similar;
- Excellent analytical skills, proficiency in Excel;
- First practical experience in corporate accounting, reporting would be an asset;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and team spirit;
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to email@example.com with "Internship Finance & Project Reporting CDP Europe – First name Last name" in the subject line. We look forward to your interest.
CDP North America, the second largest office in CDP's global organization, has grown dramatically over the past three years and is now seeking an entrepreneurial Development Manager to help advance the diversification of its revenue base. Reporting to the President, the Manager will participate in a broad range of development activities. Externally, the Manager will assist in building and managing relationships with foundations and high net worth individuals and support CDP North America events. Internally, the Manager will collaborate with staff across the organization to prepare proposals, reports, and presentations, and will also establish effective processes within the development department.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a goal-oriented development professional to advance his or her career alongside CDP North America's growth. The successful Manager will be motivated by the opportunity to participate in building donor relationships and managing internal development operations within a fast-paced organization working at the intersection of financial, business, and environmental issues.
- Implement CDP North America's development strategy in order to build greater brand awareness and diversify its base of supporters;
- Collaborate with the CDP North America President and Special Advisor to continuously expand a pipeline of new donors by researching, identifying, and helping to cultivate relationships with foundations and high net worth individuals;
- Work both independently and collaboratively with CDP staff to prepare proposals, reports, presentations, and events;
- Collaborate with CDP program staff on supporting and developing high-level corporate partnerships and other opportunities for strategic alliances;
- Ensure that internal systems and processes are in place to support external development activities;
- Participate in and help the office build the capacity to field a wide variety of development events and activities.
- At least 4 years of experience in fundraising for nonprofits;
- Experience supporting foundation relationships, including experience in preparing proposals, reports, and presentations;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional organization and project management skills, with the ability to plan effectively, meet all deadlines, and coordinate others’ involvement within a dynamic and fast-paced setting;
- Flexible approach, with the ability to be successful in both independent and collaborative efforts within a highly entrepreneurial organization;
- Demonstrated interest in CDP’s work and issues related to environmental risk, business, and finance;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Foreign language skills in Spanish, Portuguese, or Mandarin considered a plus;
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, to Teresa Yung here
CDP North America offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
CDP North America is an equal opportunity employer.
About Commongood Careers
CDP North America has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Development Manager. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 700 searches at 275 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country. Learn more about nonprofit job opportunities at Commongood Careers.
CDP North America, the second largest office in CDP’s global organization, has grown dramatically over the past three years. We are expanding our thought leadership work, helping put vital climate change and natural resource data and insights at the heart of financial decision making. To help maximize the impact and reach of our work, CDP is seeking a Communications Manager to help showcase our strong presence in North America.
- Supporting CDP North America’s media and communications strategy by working with current communications lead;
- Liaise closely with program and operational staff (e.g. insights, corporate disclosure, supply chain, cities, investor initiatives, etc). to cultivate relationships and drive consistent programmatic communications efforts and strategies internally and externally; and
- Coordinate with CDP Global communications team to implement global communications in the US.
- Conduct proactive media outreach and cultivate a network of journalists and editors in major media outlets (broadcast, print, web and social media) to ensure coverage of CDP programs, reports, events, public announcements, and other projects; and
- Manage incoming media inquiries and coordinate with internal CDP personnel to provide appropriate follow up and response.
- Draft press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements, as well as other communications documents;
- Work in tandem with CDP team to develop report and thought leadership content and messaging;
- Create and write original content for high quality thought leadership reports, marketing materials, publications, and newsletters targeted to corporations, investors, cities, partners, sponsors, funders, and the general public;
- Assist in event and workshop content development, marketing, communications strategy, and speaker preparation;
- Manage and drive CDP North America’s social media and online presence, including writing blogs and tweeting to engage and inform stakeholders; and
- Manage CDP North America’s website as a tool for promoting CDP programs, opportunities, thought leadership, and events.
- A minimum of a 4 year college degree (preferably a BA in communications or related field) required, Masters a plus;
- Five to seven years of experience in communications/ public relations;
- Existing relationships with key media outlets and strong familiarity with sustainability and business media preferred;
- Proficiency in effectively using social media to build visibility and promote engagement;
- Familiarity with the Cision integrated PR software and media contact database;
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility, sustainability, ESG, and financial markets;
- Experience in financial and analytical report writing is preferred;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Office 365; and
- Familiarity with HTML a plus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to research, assimilate and analyze information, compose documents, and present data in a clear and concise manner to appropriate personnel, including top management, program staff and external stakeholders;
- Passionate, strong, hands-on writer who effectively understands strategy, including identifying priorities, driving thought leadership content and goals, and ensuring alignment to CDP’s mission and objectives;
- Strong self-motivation and an ability to work effectively under pressure;
- The ability to communicate and liaise confidently with a wide range of audiences and build and maintain relationships (corporations, investors and partner organizations); and
- Mission driven with a strong passion for protecting the environment.
Compensation and Benefits: CDP offers a competitive NGO salary commensurate with experience and skills, a potential for annual bonus, 24 days of vacation, health and dental insurance, and a non-contributory pension provision after 3 months employment.
Application: Interested candidates should send a copy of their résumé with a cover letter, no longer than one page, outlining their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Communications Manager – [YOUR NAME]"" in the subject line. We are recruiting immediately for this position and encourage prompt applications.
CDP Europe, one of the world’s leading environmental charities, is seeking a highly motivated individual to the Nordic office in Stockholm to work primarily with communications, public policy and partnerships in the Nordic region.
It is a part time position, 50%, until August 2016, with the possibility of extension and expansion. Candidates should have an EU work permit.
About the role: CDP Europe is looking to consolidate and increase its operations in the Nordic region. This is a unique opportunity to develop skills and experience in a dynamic and fast growing charity. The role will focus on communications, public policy and partnerships across the Nordic region (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden) as part of our small Nordic team and wider European team. The successful candidate will work 20 hours per week and must be able to work legally in the EU.
The role includes:
Partnerships and fundraising
With support from CDP Europe partnerships manager and fundraising staff:
- Participate in the development of new partnerships with government agencies, accounting and consultancy bodies, data providers, stock exchanges, foundations and academic institutes;
- Provide client services and follow-up to current CDP partners, sponsors and key stakeholders.
With support from CDP Public Affairs and Communications Manager:
- Contribute to the implementation of the CDP EU government engagement strategy;
- Work with colleagues to disseminate CDP's key messages to policymakers;
- Contribute to the development of government related fundraising bids.
With support from CDP Public Affairs and Communications Manager:
- Maximize media coverage of CDP news and proactively generate new media opportunities (e.g. establish media contacts);
- Write press articles and other communications material in at least one Nordic language, and in English. Develop content for articles, blogs and marketing collateral;
- Contribute to CDP event management.
Grow CDP's influence and effectiveness
Together with the Project Officer in Finland:
- Seek opportunities to drive natural capital measurement, management and reporting high up in the corporate agenda and increase the level of disclosure in the region through dialogue with CDP partners, events, outreach;
- Organise events and workshops including planning of agenda and venue, engagement of high level speakers, collaboration with partners and funders;
- Provide content and support in development of regional reports.
- A bachelor degree as a minimum, preferably master, in a relevant subject;
- A clear understanding of CDP's values, objectives and processes and a desire to drive forward CDP's mission;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in either the corporate, government, non-profit or investor sectors in one of the Nordic countries;
- Excellent awareness and knowledge of business perspectives on climate change and environmental reporting;
- One Nordic language at native level and excellent working English. Further skills in other Nordic languages would be an advantage;
- Strong prioritization and time management skills, ability to work effectively under pressure, with an eye for detail;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (drafting reports, media outreach and presentations) and ability to interact with high level representatives from the private and public sectors;
- Experience of working on an international basis within Europe, e.g. to deal with differing languages, time zones and cultural expectations;
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision;
- Understanding of international and European climate change politics, and a grasp of key political developments in this area;
- Experience with fundraising processes and the drafting of collaboration proposals;
- Experience of organising and facilitating high level events;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience with CRM systems.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to email@example.com with “Project Officer Nordic – First name Last name” in the subject line, and additionally fill in this short online survey
Please note: The role is externally funded for one year in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. The distribution of working hours through the week will be agreed with the successful applicant.