CDP is seeking a highly-motivated, meticulous individual to support engagement and communications with 500 of the largest corporations in the United States and 200 of the largest in Canada. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as well as knowledge of corporate sustainability and the desire to work for an environmental non-profit. This is a 3-month temporary position, with the possibility of becoming a permanent role.
- Developing and managing the following items, targeted mostly at corporate sustainability and investor relations representatives;
- bulk emails to be sent from CDP’s CRM system;
- documents that support engagement with and disclosure to CDP; and
- communications to support in-person and online events.
- Supporting engagement and disclosure through phone calls to corporate representatives to speak about the benefits of disclosing to CDP and available resources such as memberships and upcoming events;
- Maintaining the US and Canada pages of the CDP website, as well as sections of other pages that support services delivered in part or entirely by the North American office, such as Reporter Services;
- Working in collaboration with the CDP’s other communications departments to understand, support and prioritize deliverables that might overlap with those of the Disclosure Services team;
- Supporting social media outreach;
- Documenting all activity;
- Creating communications and engagement protocols; and
- Answering phone calls and directing inquiries to appropriate staff.
- A university degree in a related subject, such as communications or marketing;
- At least two years of related work experience (this can include internships);
- Knowledge of the business implications represented by climate change, water use and deforestation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (specifically Access, PowerPoint and Publisher), Adobe InDesign and / or similar programs;
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how they can be employed to best effect;
- An eye for detail, with the ability to understand and work toward strategic objectives;
- Excellent organization skills;
- The ability to learn and come up to speed quickly with the functionalities of CDP’s CRM system and website; and
- The desire to take ownership and responsibility for particular areas of work.
The position is 40 hours per week for 3 months, with the possibility of becoming a permanent role. It is located in a sun-filled, open-plan office with friendly, ambitious staff in Soho. Eligibility requirements: The candidate will be expected to work full-time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week) and must be able to work legally in the US. He/ she must also be based in the New York City area. The anticipated start date is between March 1 and March 31, 2014.
Interested candidates can email Andrea Tenorio (VP Disclosure Services, CDP North America), at email@example.com. Please express your interest and suitability in the body of the email, attach a resume, and use the subject line “CDP NA DST Communications Application – [First Name Last Name]”. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and will only be considered if you follow these specific directions. Please do not inquire if the position has been filled. If you are interested, please submit an application.
Back to top