A unique opportunity to gain experience and expertise of the business impacts of climate change, water and forests for an intern. You will gain hands on experience of working with investor institutions and have the opportunity support the team engaging and providing investors with information.
You will be working with the Investor Initiatives team who is responsible for managing relationships with CDP’s investor signatories and members, which represents 822 institutional investors with assets of $95 trillion and ensures that the financial community has access to the best available corporate information on climate change, water and forests risk commodities to help drive investment towards a sustainable economy.
You will also have the opportunity to work closely with all team members and global offices staff, and will be based in our London office. This internship will require you to assist and support the Investor Initiatives team in:
- Providing signatories/members with data;
- Support global offices in their engagement with investors by assisting with the preparation of presentations;
- Support our engagement work with investors: provide investors with engagement topics based on their holdings;
- Support the data innovation team building tools to help investors use CDP data;
- Support the research team doing sectorial research and writing reports.
Key Requirements and Skills
- An academic background in Economics, English, Environmental studies;
- A good understanding of climate change, water and forests risks, sustainability and/or socially responsible investments;
- Excellent writing English skills – the ability to produce reports to a high standard in a short timeframe;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and a record of accuracy;
- Strong self-motivation and an ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Experience with Microsoft office (Bloomberg would be a plus).
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV with a short cover letter outlining their suitability for the role by 9am Monday 7th September 2015. The email should be sent to Henry Repard at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Intern, Investor CDP’ in the subject line.
This is an unpaid intern position for 3-5 days per week and is based in CDP’s London office, starting ASAP until the end of January 2016.
CDP is seeking two highly motivated interns to join its investor research team to work on the research project on the metals and mining or oil and gas industry. The project will culminate in the publication of a sector research report identifying leaders and laggards across the sector based on a number of environmental metrics, which on aggregate may have a material impact on company earnings and valuation (thus potential impact on investment thesis). It will be one of the report in a series of six sector reports, published quarterly, across a number of high-emitting sectors.
The internship will be at CDP's London office and the successful candidates will have the opportunity to be involved in a range of activities within the investor research team. It will be a valuable experience for anyone seeking a career in the area of research (including investment research), engagement with investors and sustainable business. The internship will run across key stages of the research project, including defining the scope and structure of the research, modelling, analysis and due diligence, seeking feedback from investors and equity analysts, and writing the report. The interns will assist with tasks within these stages as guided by the head of investor research and investor research analysts, and assisting with other tasks as required by the team.
You will be given full support in developing the skills needed to thrive in a professional environment. You will have the opportunity to hone your skills across a number of areas and receive constructive feedback on your work from experienced professionals.
Key requirements and skills:
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to work with large data sets in a clean, methodical manner, minimising risk of error;
- Ability to assess credibility/usefulness of different data sources;
- Exceptional written skills;
- Ability to communicate complex analysis and arguments in a concise, easy to follow manner;
- Ability to draw key messages/sales hook out of complex research;
- Excellent verbal communication; and
- Technologically competent: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ideally also Bloomberg (although training can be arranged);
- Motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, personable;
- Capable of working independently, yet as part of a team;
- Well organised; reliable, consistent; get-the-job-done attitude; and
- Able to work against perpetual deadlines.
- A passion for environmental and business analysis;
- Have some experience or strong interest in the metals and mining or oil and gas industry;
- Financial literacy.
This is an intern position for 2-3 days per week, lasting for 3 months, starting as soon as possible. Please note that this role is unpaid, but lunch and travel expenses within London will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter of no more than one page outlining your suitability for the role. Please submit your application to: Chloe Chan at email@example.com with "Research Intern, Investor Research" in the email subject line, and identify the documents you are sending by including "[your name] cover letter" and "[your name] CV" in the file name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CDP Europe is currently growing in size resulting in new projects and offers an internship on a voluntary basis for a period of 3 months at the next possible date in the area of Financial & Project Reporting.
About CDP: CDP works to transform the way the world does business to prevent dangerous climate change, safeguard water resources and prevent deforestation. CDP collects relevant annual climate, water and deforestation data from the largest companies (currently about 5,700) and the largest cities in the world (currently over 200) and holds the largest collection of self-reported climate change, water and forest-risk data. Our unique approach is based on the knowledge that in business, what gets measured gets managed.
The role includes:
You analyse financial transactions of CDP gGmbH and support the Finance manager Europe in monitoring financial processes in relation to grant agreements. Furthermore, you contribute with your ideas in building a meaningful financial reporting on projects in collaboration with the Finance Manager Europe and the Director of Policy & Reporting Europe who is in charge of project grant from the European Commission.
- Preparation of monthly reports for management and project managers;
- Monitoring of partnerships and debt management of contracts with partner companies;
- Preparation of cash flows and project reports;
- Establishment of financial reporting as well as generating KPIs;
- Contributing to submit financial statements for projects;
- Develop and maintain a project reporting for different grants;
- Enrolment in business school or university in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or similar;
- Excellent analytical skills, proficiency in Excel;
- First practical experience in corporate accounting, reporting would be an asset;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and team spirit;
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Internship Finance & Project Reporting CDP Europe – First name Last name" in the subject line. We look forward to your interest.
CDP Europe, the world's leading climate change charity, is seeking a highly motivated, well-networked and self-starter individual to support the Southern Europe office of the world's leading climate change charity. This role includes support for CDP's work in Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece.
This is a full time position until August 2016, with the possibility of extension. Candidates should have EU work permit.
About the role: CDP Europe is looking to consolidate and increase its operations in the Southern Europe region. This is a unique opportunity to develop skills and experience in a dynamic and fast growing charity. The position will report directly to the Director Southern Europe. The individual will work closely with CDP stakeholders and interact with colleagues based across Europe as well as with our central teams in the UK.
The role includes:
- Growing CDP's influence and effectiveness in the Southern Europe region
- Supporting the expansion of the CDP Southern Europe operations by:
- Providing client services and follow-up to current CDP partners, sponsors and key stakeholders
- Participating in the development of new partnerships with government agencies, accounting and consultancy bodies, data providers, exchanges, leading investors, corporations, foundations and academic institutes
- Working closely with CDP signatories to improve the quality of data reported, in collaboration with headquarters and proactively engage with investors in the region and secure new CDP investor signatories and members
- Seeking opportunities to drive natural capital measurement, management and reporting high up in the corporate agenda and increase the level of disclosure in the region through dialogue with CDP partners, events, outreach
- Engaging with Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and Greek companies invited to respond to CDP information requests
- Assisting the Regional Director with
- the organization of events and workshops including definition of agenda and venue, engagement of high level speakers, collaboration with partners and funders.
- drafting and/or editing of regional reports and project manage the elaboration process, engaging with other writes and typesetters involved.
- CDP regional scoring processes
- the fundraising process
- Providing research and analysis for projects in collaboration with the Southern Europe Government representatives to improve disclosure by corporations and action on disclosure by investors
- Proactive engagement with peer NGOs and other relevant stakeholders
Required skills: The successful candidate will have:
- Educational requirements: bachelor degree, masters will be a plus
- A clear understanding of CDP’s values, objectives and processes and a desire to drive forward CDP’s mission
- At least 3 years of professional experience in either the investor, corporate, government or non-profit sectors, experience with fundraising process and the drafting of collaboration proposals
- Sound understanding of global policy action on climate change and how the Southern Europe region (Portugal, Italy, Spain and Greece) fits in towards a global agreement. Living or professional experience in one of these countries will be a plus.
- Excellent awareness and knowledge of business and investor perspectives on climate change reporting
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written (drafting reports and presentations) and ability to interact with high level representatives from the private and public sectors
- Experience organising and facilitating high level events
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision.
- A creative self-starter with ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure with an eye for details
- Organized with a critical spirit, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player, customer service orientation and interpersonal skills in a multicultural setting
- Willingness and ability to fast learning and improving in a very dynamic organization
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience with CRM systems
- Fluency in English, Italian and Spanish is required. Portuguese will be a plus.
Interested? Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to email@example.com with “Project Officer Southern Europe – First name Last name” in the subject line, and additionally fill in this short online survey:
Please note: The role is externally funded for one year in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Deutschland hat sich ambitionierte Reduktionsziele von 40% für 2020 sowie grundlegendere Emissionsreduktionen Richtung Treibhausgas(THG)-Freiheit bis 2050 gesetzt. Inwieweit deutsche Unternehmen jedoch auf diesem Weg angemessen, effizient und effektiv Maßnahmen umsetzen bzw. planen und damit auf zukünftige regulatorische Eingriffe oder Marktveränderungen vorbereitet sind, ist noch immer nicht „flächendeckend“, leicht verfügbar und objektiv einzuschätzen. Gleichzeitig besteht ein zunehmender Bedarf seitens Politik, Kapitalmarkt und Kunden nach eben dieser Art von Informationen. Vor allem die EU „CSR-Richtlinie“ 2014/95 zur vepflichtenden Integration nichtfinanzieller Daten in die Unternehmensberichterstattung setzt hier neue Impulse.
Mit dem Projekt Klimareporting.de unterstützen WWF und CDP Unternehmen beim Aufbau einer unternehmerischen Berichterstattung zum Umgang mit dem Klimawandel. Mit einem Klimareporting stellt ein Unternehmen aussagekräftige Informationen zur Verfügung, wie der Klimawandel bzw. Maßnahmen zu seiner Begrenzung und zur Vermeidung von Treibhausgasemissionen die finanzielle und nichtfinanzielle Performance, die Unternehmensstrategie und damit auch den unternehmerischen Erfolg in Zukunft beeinflussen wird. Als Austausch-Plattform für unternehmerische Klimastrategien stellt das Projekt Klimareporting.de aktuelle Informationen zu politischen wie inhaltlichen Entwicklungen bereit und schafft Möglichkeiten zum Fachaustausch von Praktikern sowie der Vernetzung von Politik, Unternehmen und Kapitalmarkt.
- Strukturierung und Umsetzung des Projekts Klimareporting.de in enger Zusammenarbeit mit dem WWF Deutschland sowie Experten im CDP Headquarter in London
- Ansprache und Gewinnung von teilnehmenden Unternehmen im Projektrahmen
- Inhaltliche Unterstützung von Unternehmen im Bereich Treibhausgasbilanzierung, Klimareporting und Klimastrategieentwicklung; (Weiter-) entwicklung von Materialien zur Umsetzungsunterstützung
- Aufbau und Pflege von strategischen Kooperationen mit relevanten Multiplikatoren sowie eines Netzwerks relevanter Akteure aus Wirtschaft, Politik und Zivilgesellschaft
- Planung und Durchführung von Events und Workshops mit Vertretern der Zielgruppen Unternehmen, Kapitalmarkt und Politik
- Erstellung von Berichten, Pressemitteilungen, Fachbeiträgen, Hintergrundpapieren und Newsmeldungen im Themenbereich
- Projektadministration und regelmäßige Berichterstattung zum Projektfortschritt an den Mittelgeber
- abgeschlossenes Hochschulstudium in Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Umweltmanagement oder in einem ähnlichen Studiengang mit relevanten Qualifikationen
- einschlägige Berufserfahrung in den Bereichen unternehmerischer Klimaschutz, Klima- und Nachhaltigkeitsberichterstattung und Treibhausgasbilanzierung
- Verständnis von Klimawissenschaft, -politik und deren Auswirkungen auf Unternehmen
- Erfahrung in der Organisation und Durchführung von Veranstaltung
- ausgezeichnete publizistische und rhetorische Fähig- und Fertigkeiten
- fließende englische Sprachkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
- Erfahrung in Projektmanagement, Budgetverwaltung und Projektreporting
- sehr gute Kennnisse in den gängigen Office-Anwendungen
- souveränes Auftreten, Verhandlungsgeschick mit verschiedenen Interessengruppen sowie ausgeprägte soziale Kompetenz
- selbständiges, strukturiertes, eigenmotiviertes Arbeiten, Flexibilität, Belastbarkeit und Bereitschaft zur Teamarbeit
- Bereitschaft zu begrenzter Reisetätigkeit (überwiegend in Deutschland)
Wir bieten Ihnen eine abwechslungsreiche und spannende Aufgabe in einem engagierten Team und in Zusammenarbeit mit externen Stakeholdern. Möchten Sie mit uns zusammen für den Klimaschutz arbeiten? Dann freuen wir uns auf Ihre aussagefähige Bewerbung (eine Kopie Ihres Lebenslaufes (CV) sowie ein aussagekräftiges Anschreiben, aus dem Ihre Eignung und Motivation ersichtlich wird).
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung per E-Mail mit dem Betreff „Projektmanager/in Emissions Reporting“ an: Jens Hoffmann, Projektmanager Emissionsreporting, +49 30 311 777 162, firstname.lastname@example.org
CDP North America, the second largest office in CDP’s global organization, has grown dramatically over the past three years. We are expanding our thought leadership work, helping put vital climate change and natural resource data and insights at the heart of financial decision making. To help maximize the impact and reach of our work, CDP is seeking a Communications Manager to help showcase our strong presence in North America.
- Supporting CDP North America’s media and communications strategy by working with current communications lead;
- Liaise closely with program and operational staff (e.g. insights, corporate disclosure, supply chain, cities, investor initiatives, etc). to cultivate relationships and drive consistent programmatic communications efforts and strategies internally and externally; and
- Coordinate with CDP Global communications team to implement global communications in the US.
- Conduct proactive media outreach and cultivate a network of journalists and editors in major media outlets (broadcast, print, web and social media) to ensure coverage of CDP programs, reports, events, public announcements, and other projects; and
- Manage incoming media inquiries and coordinate with internal CDP personnel to provide appropriate follow up and response.
- Draft press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements, as well as other communications documents;
- Work in tandem with CDP team to develop report and thought leadership content and messaging;
- Create and write original content for high quality thought leadership reports, marketing materials, publications, and newsletters targeted to corporations, investors, cities, partners, sponsors, funders, and the general public;
- Assist in event and workshop content development, marketing, communications strategy, and speaker preparation;
- Manage and drive CDP North America’s social media and online presence, including writing blogs and tweeting to engage and inform stakeholders; and
- Manage CDP North America’s website as a tool for promoting CDP programs, opportunities, thought leadership, and events.
- A minimum of a 4 year college degree (preferably a BA in communications or related field) required, Masters a plus;
- Five to seven years of experience in communications/ public relations;
- Existing relationships with key media outlets and strong familiarity with sustainability and business media preferred;
- Proficiency in effectively using social media to build visibility and promote engagement;
- Familiarity with the Cision integrated PR software and media contact database;
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility, sustainability, ESG, and financial markets;
- Experience in financial and analytical report writing is preferred;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Office 365; and
- Familiarity with HTML a plus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to research, assimilate and analyze information, compose documents, and present data in a clear and concise manner to appropriate personnel, including top management, program staff and external stakeholders;
- Passionate, strong, hands-on writer who effectively understands strategy, including identifying priorities, driving thought leadership content and goals, and ensuring alignment to CDP’s mission and objectives;
- Strong self-motivation and an ability to work effectively under pressure;
- The ability to communicate and liaise confidently with a wide range of audiences and build and maintain relationships (corporations, investors and partner organizations); and
- Mission driven with a strong passion for protecting the environment.
Compensation and Benefits: CDP offers a competitive NGO salary commensurate with experience and skills, a potential for annual bonus, 24 days of vacation, health and dental insurance, and a non-contributory pension provision after 3 months employment.
Application: Interested candidates should send a copy of their résumé with a cover letter, no longer than one page, outlining their suitability for the role to email@example.com with "Communications Manager – [YOUR NAME]"" in the subject line. We are recruiting immediately for this position and encourage prompt applications.
CDP Europe, one of the world’s leading environmental charities, is seeking a highly motivated individual to the Nordic office in Stockholm to work primarily with communications, public policy and partnerships in the Nordic region.
It is a part time position, 50%, until August 2016, with the possibility of extension and expansion. Candidates should have an EU work permit.
About the role: CDP Europe is looking to consolidate and increase its operations in the Nordic region. This is a unique opportunity to develop skills and experience in a dynamic and fast growing charity. The role will focus on communications, public policy and partnerships across the Nordic region (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden) as part of our small Nordic team and wider European team. The successful candidate will work 20 hours per week and must be able to work legally in the EU.
The role includes:
Partnerships and fundraising
With support from CDP Europe partnerships manager and fundraising staff:
- Participate in the development of new partnerships with government agencies, accounting and consultancy bodies, data providers, stock exchanges, foundations and academic institutes;
- Provide client services and follow-up to current CDP partners, sponsors and key stakeholders.
With support from CDP Public Affairs and Communications Manager:
- Contribute to the implementation of the CDP EU government engagement strategy;
- Work with colleagues to disseminate CDP's key messages to policymakers;
- Contribute to the development of government related fundraising bids.
With support from CDP Public Affairs and Communications Manager:
- Maximize media coverage of CDP news and proactively generate new media opportunities (e.g. establish media contacts);
- Write press articles and other communications material in at least one Nordic language, and in English. Develop content for articles, blogs and marketing collateral;
- Contribute to CDP event management.
Grow CDP's influence and effectiveness
Together with the Project Officer in Finland:
- Seek opportunities to drive natural capital measurement, management and reporting high up in the corporate agenda and increase the level of disclosure in the region through dialogue with CDP partners, events, outreach;
- Organise events and workshops including planning of agenda and venue, engagement of high level speakers, collaboration with partners and funders;
- Provide content and support in development of regional reports.
- A bachelor degree as a minimum, preferably master, in a relevant subject;
- A clear understanding of CDP's values, objectives and processes and a desire to drive forward CDP's mission;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in either the corporate, government, non-profit or investor sectors in one of the Nordic countries;
- Excellent awareness and knowledge of business perspectives on climate change and environmental reporting;
- One Nordic language at native level and excellent working English. Further skills in other Nordic languages would be an advantage;
- Strong prioritization and time management skills, ability to work effectively under pressure, with an eye for detail;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (drafting reports, media outreach and presentations) and ability to interact with high level representatives from the private and public sectors;
- Experience of working on an international basis within Europe, e.g. to deal with differing languages, time zones and cultural expectations;
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision;
- Understanding of international and European climate change politics, and a grasp of key political developments in this area;
- Experience with fundraising processes and the drafting of collaboration proposals;
- Experience of organising and facilitating high level events;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience with CRM systems.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Officer Nordic – First name Last name” in the subject line, and additionally fill in this short online survey
Please note: The role is externally funded for one year in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. The distribution of working hours through the week will be agreed with the successful applicant.